- Our website www.mobilia.com.au is owned and operated by Mobilia Showroom Pty Ltd ACN 141 794 149 (us, our or we).
- This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites.
Collection of personal information
- We collect limited personal and or company information such as title, company name, name, address, contact numbers and e-mail address. In some credit scenarios bank account details, credit card details and drivers licence numbers maybe requested.
- If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products you require.
Other information we may collect
Additional to our core business activities, we also collect and maintain records of personal information in the below scenarios:
- Contractor name, address, license, contact and emergency contact details which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements, and
- Potential employee resumes and contact details which are used as a part of the recruitment process for new employees.
How we collect personal information
We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. Personal information is collected in a number of ways, including directly from the you collected over the phone
- Via email, post or fax
- Within marketing activities and invitations responses, and
- When you submit information to us through our website (eg by email or cookies).
How we use your personal Information
We may use or request personal information from you when you:
- Apply for a credit or an account
- Order goods that require delivery
- Participate in surveys and other types of research
- Enter a promotion or contest hosted by us
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Make a credit card payment
- Ask for a quote to be prepared
- Express interest in a particular service of ours
- Administer and manage our services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Make changes to your profile
- Respond to any queries or feedback you may have
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud, or
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of our systems.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We value your trust so all of our team commits to the highest ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information you choose to give us. We may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services. This again would only be for us to conduct our legitimate business activities.
- We handle all credit or debit card holder data provided to us within through Stripe, which is a third party online credit card processing agent. Your credit card details will be securely provided to Stripe via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol for processing.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information to another party unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. These include, but not limited to:
- Contractors and service providers, where such contractors or service providers are located in Australia. We will not disclose information about you to any entity overseas
- Where you choose to apply for any credit facility in connection with a purchase (where
- offered) — the credit provider.
- Where any entity wishes to purchase part or whole of our business — that entity.
- Each entity which has been granted a franchise by one of our subsidiaries
- Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings, or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
Collecting and disclosing personal information about others
- Wherever possible, we will collect personal information directly from the relevant individual to whom that information relates.
- You represent and warrant to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person:
- You are authorised to provide that information to us;
- You have obtained the express consent of the individual to disclose their personal information to us for its relevant use, including for use in our business and to provide our services;
- You have complied with the APPs in collecting that personal information, including by making all relevant notifications required under APP 5; and
Unsolicited personal information
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Access to your personal information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Mobilia will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the quality of your personal information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
(08) 9284 55 99
312 Stirling Hwy
Western Australia 6010